Visit us on Facebook
During the Covid-19 pandemic the practice has realised the value of the ability to communicate quickly and effectively with our entire patient population by SMS. From June 2020 we plan to make SMS our default means of communication.
The advantages of SMS over phone or letter communication are that:
- Communication is instantaneous
- It reduces pressure on our telephones and frees up time for our telephonists to deal with more pressing calls.
- It has a much lower environmental impact than paper mail.
What information can I expect to receive by SMS?
- Important national updates (e.g Covid-19 updates).
- Practice updates (e.g opening times, clinician sickness etc.).
- Appointment alerts and recall reminders.
- Results and follow-up information, where appropriate.
- Relevant medicines information.
- Patient information leaflet links as agreed with your clinician.
What do I need to do?
Make sure we have the correct mobile number for you on file and update us if you change your mobile number. If you are concerned that we do not hold the correct mobile number for you file, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or you can let a member of the team know when you are at the practice.
Can I opt out?
Yes, if you wish to opt out you can do so by emailing email@example.com or you can let a member of the team know when you are at the practice.